Friday, May 7, 2010

the edge of nervous collapse

Can you believe it? Chamber Music Midwest is only a few short weeks away! I'm a little stressed, but I assure you, my mental health is a small price to pay for what is shaping up to be the best season ever. Furthermore, I must say that I am completely overwhelmed by the generosity of all of my colleagues in their donation of both time and resources. Specifically, I want to give a cyberspace shout-out to Joe Peters, Sarah Foster, Luke Foster and Glen Highum. These people are awesome!

There is an updated concert schedule to your left and I can almost assure you that it will be updated again and again in the coming days.

I am also extremely pleased to share with you the talents of Angela Schmitt (soprano) and James Barnett (piano). I have a real soft spot for early twentieth century art songs (go figure) and I couldn't be more pleased to feature some of my favorites at Chamber Music Midwest with such fine performers.

Soon enough I will start posting rough drafts of program notes here--get ready to be educated!

No comments:

Post a Comment