Thursday, May 26, 2011

in sequenza: the music of luciano berio

Surprisingly enough, I cannot remember the first time I heard the music of Luciano Berio. It might have been the Sinfonia, or a Sequenza; honestly, I have no idea. My adoration of Berio seems as natural as my love of Beethoven and Brahms and Bartok: something inherited through culture and circumstance rather than acquired through study and individual edification. With this in mind, it gives me great pleasure to program an entire concert of Berio's music. Eccolo:

In Sequenza: The Music of Luciano Berio
June 9th, 2011 @ 7:30pm
River Falls United Methodist Church (Map)
with performers: Isoa Chapman, Geoffrey Deibel, & Jennifer Tinberg
Free Admission
_____________
Program:
Sequenza IX for Clarinet
Sequenza VIIb for Soprano Saxophone
Selections from Duetti (arr. Deibel & Chapman)
Sequenza VIII for Violin

No comments:

Post a Comment